What’s the difference between type 1 diabetes versus type 2? For starters, type 2 is much more common. Over 30 million Americans have some form of diabetes, and roughly 90-95 percent of them have type 2. (1) Type 1, on the other hand, accounts for only 5 percent of total cases. (2) With that said, both forms share similar long-term consequences if left untreated. In fact, severe diabetes can lead to heart disease, blindness, and limb amputation. That’s right, diabetes can take your foot! Fortunately, there’s a lot you can do to avoid these horrific side effects and improve your quality of life. In this article, we explore the differences and similarities between type 1 and type 2 diabets. Let’s dive in! What Is Diabetes? Diabetes is a chronic health condition that affects the way the body uses …
Read More