What is Autoimmune Disease?
Symptoms of Autoimmune Disorders
- Inflammation and swelling
- Aching muscles or joints
- Digestive issues and abdominal pain
- Low-grade fever
- Swollen glands
- Flare-ups (symptoms that come and go)
Causes of Autoimmune Disease
- Environmental toxins like air pollution, pesticides, and microplastics heighten your risk of developing an autoimmune disease.
How Your Diet Influences Autoimmune Disorders
- Low in fruits and vegetables
- High in omega-6 fatty acids
- Low in omega-3 fatty acids
- Includes grains, sugars, and other processed carbohydrates
What is the Anti-Inflammatory Diet?
- Processed and packaged foods
- Sugars, especially fructose and high-fructose corn syrup
- Trans fats
- Vegetable oils and other processed refined oils (canola oil, soybean oil)
- Whole-food protein sources like grass-fed beef
- Fatty fish and shellfish for omega-3 fatty acids
- Healthy fats like extra virgin olive oil and extra virgin coconut oil
- Leafy green vegetables for fiber and phytonutrients